Follow these simple steps to achieve the perfect hard boiled egg and avoid that discoloration around the yolk.
Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
- Place eggs in single layer in deep sided skillet or sauce pot
- Fill pot with enough cold tap water to cover eggs with 1-inch of water
- Heat pot over high heat to a full boil; immediately cover and remove from heat.
- Leave eggs, covered in hot water, for 9 to 11 minutes*
- Remove lid and run cold water over eggs to stop the cooking process. Store in refrigerator.
*Time will vary slightly depending on the size of the egg.